Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Dia De Los Muertos" at the Chicago Cultural Center

This was an event I catered for the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois. It was their annual fundraising event and it was held at the Chicago Cultural Center in Preston Bradley Hall. It was an awesome venue. Since the ballroom was huge we set up the event with various food stations spread throughout. This was our salad station consisting of a cucumber, jicama, and mango salad with chile-lime vinaigrette, served in martini glasses.

The entree was a small plates station which featured grilled flank steak (sliced to order) with a tequila avocado compound butter, cotija polenta cakes, skewered Yucatan chicken with spicy peanut sauce and tricolor cabbage slaw.


A few of the passed appetizers were Mojito Shrimp, Chimichurri Beef Tenderloin Crostini, Spicy Meatballs, and Manchego Stuffed Mushrooms (not pictured).

The client spent a great deal of the budget on food, bar and linens so they opted to not have any centerpieces. I personally handpicked all of the linens and they were gorgeous! Vibrant oranges and pinks with copper overlays. I just couldn't leave those tables bare so I came up with an inexpensive solution which I actually handcrafted myself. They are those prayer candles that you find at church (or in my case my mother always has one burning) wrapped with string and accented with fresh flowers and skulls.



Thanks to all of the diligent and professional staff that helped make this event such a success for Sprig Catering. I'd also like to thank my wonderful friends who came out to show their support!











No comments:

Post a Comment